We are now offering the option of using Accoya wood in any of our product range e.g windows, door, conservatoires, orangeries and bespoke joinery.
We have been looking for a sustainable and alternative source of material for sometime now and Accoya wood has given us a fantastic solution.
Accoya wood is the result of decades of research and development that has brought together a long-established, extensively proven wood modification technique and leading-edge patented technology – acetylation to create a high performance wood, ideal for use outdoors and elsewhere.
Accoya wood is sourced from fast growing trees including Radiata Pine which means that it is environmentally sustainable and compliant in terms of timber regulations.
More About Accoya Wood
There are huge benefits to using Accoya wood:
- Aesthetically beautiful
- Superb quality
- Easy to work with / craft
- Easy to paint / varnish / coat and results last longer
- Durable – can last for 50 years
- Insulating – better than other hard / soft woods
- Bug deterrent – many insects don’t like it and neither does mould
- Non toxic